Chewy Brownie Cookies
Prep time: 0015 Cook Time: 007 Yield: 4 1/2 dozen
Visit PowerOfFamilyMeals.com to get more recipes, tools, and advice.
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT brown sugar, shortening, water and vanilla with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonsful 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place on cooling rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Other combinations of chips may be used, such as 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup white chocolate chips, or 1 cup peanut butter chips and 1 cup of chocolate chips, or 1 cup chopped nuts and 1 cup of chocolate chips.