Brown Sugar Cookies
Prep time: 0015 Cook Time: 0014 Yield: 4 dozen
Visit PowerOfFamilyMeals.com to get more recipes, tools, and advice.
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT together shortening, butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls or use small cookie scoop. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack after 1 minute.